This webinar will explore and challenge the business owner/IT professional to better understand the DoD information security requirements within NIST SP 800-171, R2 and CMMC. It will help position their company to better prepare and be ready for complying with current and future Department of Defense (DoD) cybersecurity requirements necessary to bid on DoD contract opportunities.
- Background: How did we get to where we are now with cybersecurity and government contracting?
- Requirements: What are the expectations within NIST SP 800-171, Rev. 2?
- Compliance: How do we meet the current Department of Defense cybersecurity requirements?
- Ongoing Changes – CMMC: What is the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) and how do we comply?
Are you considering starting a business? Is business ownership right for you? This session is the first in a series that will walk you through the different aspects of starting a business.
This webinar will explore:
• The myths/realities of business Ownership
• Understanding how to evaluate your business concept/idea
• Questions to help you reflect on whether this is right for you
• How to get in the game
• Next steps and resources
You’ll have the opportunity to learn more about:
• Causes of imbalance and alternatives to consider
• Insights on investing opportunities
• The value of professional advice in seeking balance
Our featured speaker, Joe Valencia, CIMA, CRPC, will discuss these topics and more, and help with considerations for long-term financial goals.
I hope you will be able to join me for this timely discussion. There will be ample time for questions as well.
Joe Valencia is a divisional wholesaler at Capital Group, home of American Funds, covering Florida and southern Georgia. He has 15 years of investment industry experience and has been with Capital Group for seven years. Prior to joining Capital, Joe was a territory specialist at Franklin Templeton Investments covering southern New Jersey and Staten Island. He holds a bachelor’s degree in management information systems from the College of Business at the University of South Florida. He also holds the Certified Investment Management Analyst®, Accredited Investment Fiduciary®, Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor℠ and Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist® designations and is a CFP® professional. Joe is based in Clearwater, Fla.
Whether you are a new business (in business 2 years or less), or are still in the planning phase, building a business takes the right tools—and a lot of hard work. SBDC StartSmart will equip you to be successful!
SBDC StartSmart helps attendees to:
• Evaluate & refine your business concept
• Improve your knowledge of business concepts
• Research markets and competition
• Develop a financial forecast to improve chances of success
• Develop a thorough, practical business plan